A Space for Thoughts

Monday, February 13, 2006

Low Brow Television

Television does not cease to impress me. And not in a good way. The anticipated Grammys were held this past week and of course it’s hard not to hear some of the buzz surrounding it. More surprising was the fact that apparently American Idol out-rated the Grammys this year. I did not watch either but I find it really surprising that yet another show that claims to be a sort of entertainment reality show is still doing so well. The show is completely scripted, debunking the “reality” that it has to it, and it’s not hard to see that Simon Cowell’s notorious comments are scripted for entertainment purposes. I have to admit that I watched the first season, but after I don’t know how many seasons now, I personally think it gets kind of monotonous and boring. Apparently my opinion does not seem to be part of the majority.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home