A Space for Thoughts

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Journalism Professor Panel

This past Monday, I helped organize a journalism professor panel with an organization I am a part of. Professors from all areas (excluding photo j) were present (including Sharon!) and we discussed several contemporary issues as well as job experiences. One of the things that I really sunk in at the panel is that multimedia is really sweeping all mediums (despite the fact that that's what this course is about) almost every professor who participated mentioned in one way or another that multimedia, the internet, is a factor in their field and it really really made me question again how much longer print is going to be around for, at least in the US. I think everybody realizes that slowly it is becoming more obselete, but I really think it would be a terrible medium to loose, especially because we still have a huge technilogical divide. I think it is probably dissipating slower in other countries again because of this technological divide. Another thing that I really came away with is again the realization that this job is extremely competitive and demanding and aligning yourself with good resources while in college is really a must. It was also sad to realize again how companies can easily take advantage of a person beggining their career. Overall, the panel was insighful and it helped me rethink some of the issues that we have always discussed in this field from the beggining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home